Update: Flash Player 11.5.502.146 released

HansV
Administrator

Update: Flash Player 11.5.502.146 released

Post by HansV »

Another security update for Flash Player. Direct download links:

Flash Player plug-in for Firefox, Safari, Opera
Flash Player ActiveX for Internet Explorer 9 and earlier

Users of Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8 and of Google Chrome don't need to take any action.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Re: Update: Flash Player 11.5.502.146 released

Post by HansV »

A few days ago, a new security update was released (11.5.502.149). The links above download the latest version.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I have no idea what's going on but I got the same result for both Firefox and IE ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I wonder where you got that from. It might be a good idea to deinstall and reinstall using the correct latest version
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

11.6.* is currently a beta version. It's available for download from many sources, including Adobe itself, but the latest official release is still the 11.5.* series.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi, seeing this thread is about Flash Player can I ask what might be the reason for this: having down loaded the latest version on a borrowed laptop the install process only reaches 50% then stops. Last week I took it to my local computer shop as I wished to access the net using it and the owner said it needed SP3 installing. Having updated the laptop, when trying to play a You Tube video an on screen message says Flash player needs to be installed but after downloading the latest version it only gets to the 50% during the install process. As he was doing it as a favour and had other things to do I thought I would endeavour to install it myself but with no luck. Suggestions please. :scratch: Thanks Dave.

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Post by Rebel »

Using the link which Hans posted above (for IE9), I installed the update, and like Al, my version shows as 11.6.602.168. :scratch:
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You're correct - the links above to the "current version" install 11.6.602.168 - apparently Adobe has silently released this version...
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

StuartR wrote:I wonder where you got that from. It might be a good idea to deinstall and reinstall using the correct latest version
Hmmm, you guys are scaring me ...

A long, long time ago, (I think it was here in The Lounge) someone pointed out this link and I've been using it CORRECTLY for all this time.

Now you tell me it's passing out beta, huh?

Flash Player Help | Flash Player Help

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If any of you are using IE10 with Windows 8 you don't have to worry about this. Flash player is integrated into IE10 and automatically updated as part of "Patch Tueday" though at a different and lower version number.

Joe
Joe

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I've been using the links in the first post in this thread for a long time too. I can only assume that there's a synchronization error within Adobe - apparently someone within Adobe has already made 11.6 available through the link to download the stand-alone installer while the main Flash pages still refer to 11.5 as the current version. I wouldn't worry too much about it and leave 11.6 installed unless you experience problems with Flash content.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I must have downloaded the files a day or two earlier than the rest of you because I got the "correct" version
StuartR

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

HansV wrote:I've been using the links in the first post in this thread for a long time too. I can only assume that there's a synchronization error within Adobe - apparently someone within Adobe has already made 11.6 available through the link to download the stand-alone installer while the main Flash pages still refer to 11.5 as the current version. I wouldn't worry too much about it and leave 11.6 installed unless you experience problems with Flash content.
Well I guess it's deeper than that, Hans.

I just went to the first link in the thread for Firefox and downloaded that file. Here is what I got:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Can anyone give me a clue regarding the question I asked in post 91456 above please. It seems to have got lost in the thread seeing it was an interpolation. Dave.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I noted your post Dave, but I don't have a clue what you need to do to fix this.

I assume you have run the Flash deinstall to make sure there are no vestiges of an old installation.
Do you get this problem when installing the ActiveX version of Flash, or the Add-In version, or both?
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Dave Davison wrote:...Last week I took it to my local computer shop as I wished to access the net using it and the owner said it needed SP3 installing. Having updated the laptop...
As well as applying SP3 have you made sure all subsequent updates have been applied? This may require several visits to Windows Update (with reboots in between) as some updates won't install until other others have been applied first.

Once you've done that, Stuart's suggestion of using the Flash removal tool to ensure all vestiges of previous versions have been removed would be sensible. See here:
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ndows.html

After that you can try again to install Flash. either get the installer via one of the links at the top of the thread or via this page:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Ken

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Yes Stuart, I just used Revo to uninstall the ancient flash player and downloaded the new version but too would not "Initialise" whatever that means so I have just given up as a bad job seeing it is not that important, it would just have been a back up means of surfing the web. One thing though that puzzles me, whilst the laptop will not play streaming flv videos on You Tube, I find that flv videos downloaded from the said site to a memory stick WILL. :scratch: :scratch: Thanks Save.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Have you finished installing all Microsoft updates for the laptop, as Ken (stuck) suggested? If there are still pending Microsoft updates, you may not be able to install Flash correctly.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks Hans, I was of the opinion that the guy in the shop updated the laptop with MS updates, I know he did especially mention SP3 but whether he searched for any others I don't know. Maybe it's not worth the hassle, just thought it might be worth a try seeing there is now access to the modem via home Plugs in the lounge. Thanks Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'd check at http://update.microsoft.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Microsoft has released many updates since Windows XP SP3.
Best wishes,
Hans