Open links in new tab in Firefox 4 beta

BobH
UraniumLounger

Open links in new tab in Firefox 4 beta

Post by BobH »

Thank you, Andy!

When I invoke the html (by clicking the tool bar where I put the link icon), Andy's Search opens in whatever tab I'm in instead of opening a new window/tab. I thought that the way a link opened was determined by the browser, too; but when I checked Tools/Options/Tabs in my Firefox Beta 4, I found the option already set to open in a new tab. I thought perhaps there was something in the javascript that was overriding the browser option. Perhaps, though, there is a problem with the beta version of Firefox that I'm running.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Re: Add-on to exclude domains from right-click?

Post by agibsonsw »

I haven't got Firefox where I am so can't really check. There might be an option in FF 4 specifically for Bookmark links. I think that option in your screenshot is something different.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

jscher2000
2StarLounger

Post by jscher2000 »

BobH wrote:When I invoke the html (by clicking the tool bar where I put the link icon), Andy's Search opens in whatever tab I'm in instead of opening a new window/tab.
To force a new tab, you can always hold the Ctrl key while left-clicking, or "middle-click" with the mouse wheel, or right-click and choose new tab. In other words, I believe bookmarks behave the same as links in this regard.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

jscher2000 wrote:
BobH wrote:When I invoke the html (by clicking the tool bar where I put the link icon), Andy's Search opens in whatever tab I'm in instead of opening a new window/tab.
To force a new tab, you can always hold the Ctrl key while left-clicking, or "middle-click" with the mouse wheel, or right-click and choose new tab. In other words, I believe bookmarks behave the same as links in this regard.
You are correct, I believe. I am not getting a new tab, and it doesn't matter how I've invoked the new page display. Typing a URL, clicking a link, clicking an icon, selecting a bookmark -- all open in the currently active tab.

I've lived with it for awhile now. My sensitivity to the fault arose with Andy's Search. I'm just trying to resolve the issue in Firefox.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Open links in new tab in Firefox 4 beta

Post by HansV »

This thread was split off from Add-on to exclude domains from right-click? since it appears to be a Firefox 4 beta issue rather than a problem with Andy's Search Page.
Best wishes,
Hans