Send Page/Link by E-mail in IE 9?

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Send Page/Link by E-mail in IE 9?

Post by Pilgrim »

I took the plunge and installed IE 9 today and I've been adjusting to the new GUI. One of the 'gripes' I'm having is with the feature to "send page/link by e-mail". Yes, you can opt to show the "Command Bar" on which is the familiar "Page" menu and get to this feature there. But that seems like a long way around to use this feature which I find myself using often. The question is: Is there a quicker way to access this feature? Personally, I think it would have been nice if Microsoft made this accessible by right-clicking on the relevant tab of the page you wanted to send. "Minimal" sometimes isn't necessarily "functional", IMHO.

Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Send Page/Link by E-mail in IE 9?

Post by HansV »

You can press Alt+F to activate the File menu, then use the keyboard or the mouse to select Send, then the option of your choice.
Best wishes,
Hans

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Post by Pilgrim »

HansV wrote:You can press Alt+F to activate the File menu, then use the keyboard or the mouse to select Send, then the option of your choice.
Alt+F brings up the "Find" feature for me. Image

Alt displays the old "Menu Bar" from which I can then choose "File/send/etc." Displaying the "Command Bar" is a better alternative for me than this method. But thanks for pointing out another way to get to this feature. :grin:
Jeff

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You're correct, you have to press Alt first and release it, then F when the menu bar has popped up.
Best wishes,
Hans

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Post by Pilgrim »

Just a quick update... I've uninstalled IE9 since I found it has too many "un-features" I have grown to love and use in IE8. The auto reversion to IE8 wasn't without its problems either contrary to what I've read about doing so. I don't anticipate "down grading" to IE9 any time soon. I really miss the former days when the user had the option to customize menus, toolbars, etc. I'm not averse to change at all. But when the change means less options, less features, less xxx just to satisfy a group who has bashed IE over the years in order to win them back from Firefox, Opera or whatever other browser, methinks there will be quite a number of IE users who will walk the other way. :shrug:
Jeff

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

You could've right clicked in a blank space on the address/tab bar and selected "command bar" to enable the toolbar that contains most, if not all, of the commands you are used to in IE8.

Joe
Joe