Windows 7 SP1

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Windows 7 SP1

Post by Gloria E »

I just read that Windows 7 SP1 was compiled on April 21,2010, but it's still in beta. The information came from http://www.intowindows.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows 7 SP1

Post by HansV »

It's just a new build. There have been several builds before this one, and there will probably be more before the final release. Unless you're an official beta tester for Microsoft, you should not install this version (if you could get it).
Best wishes,
Hans

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

Hans,

your are living fast, the 13th already?

Regards, Teun

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

'Scuse me? This thread started on the 13th of May, not June...
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Gloria E wrote:I just read that Windows 7 SP1 was compiled on April 21,2010, but it's still in beta. The information came from http://www.intowindows.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gloria E
I know Win 7 beta builds have been in the works for a while, but I don't see any mention of them in your link?
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It's a blog, so you see the most recent posts on the main page; the one Gloria meant has now shifted to one of the older pages. Here is a direct link: Windows 7 SP1 Build 7601.16556.100421-1510 Out. In the meantime, they have posted a newer message: Windows 7 SP1 Beta Release In July (note that this still mentions Beta!)
Best wishes,
Hans