Install and Un-install 2010

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Install and Un-install 2010

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello.
I'm considering loading the 2010 Office Beta to explore it. I have 2003 and 2007 running fine on my computer currently.
Does anyone have experience of installing and un-installing 2010? Might it cause me any problems when I uninstall it?

Would it be worth considering creating a different user or a partition before installing? Thanks, Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Install and Un-install 2010

Post by DaveA »

It is always best to run Beta on a TEST computer, that can be rebuilt if needed.
But, I was 2010 on a Windows 7 RC test machine and it work just great. I never did do a uninstall, just formatted the drive.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I agree with Dave that it's best to test on a separate computer (or on a separate boot partition). Generally, when a beta ends, it is not sufficient to uninstall, you have to reinstall the entire PC (or boot partition).
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Thanks both. I have got a computer I can use, but I'm in no rush. Might leave it a while. Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.