Ashampoo Photo Commander 7

BobH
UraniumLounger

Ashampoo Photo Commander 7

Post by BobH »

After the thread several months ago touting Ashampoo products, I downloaded and began to use Photo Commander 7. I had been using a very old copy of Photoshop home edition before but went to PC7 because it makes it easier to do collages.

I'm finding that some common uses of the software are more difficult than they should be. For example, to crop an image, I first have to click the Quick-Fix tab then click on Crop-Select then choose between rectangular and free-style outlines then click OK on a message screen before I get a cursor change to allow selection of part of an image. This wears me out!

I've searched for options to set or toolbars to load and even read the online documentation but have been unable to find another way to get to the tool. Is this and ID-10-T user problem or a "software feature"?

I can't complain about the price, but the navigation seems more than a bit kludgy in this day and age.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Ashampoo Photo Commander 7

Post by HansV »

Keep in mind that this is the previous version of Photo Commander. Ashampoo claims that cropping is much easier in the current (non-free) version 8:
Cropping photos to predefined sizes and aspect ratios is now much faster and easier.
(I have no experience with either version myself)
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I have the version 7 product but never use it. I guess they figure that since there are Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, etc. that once you "memorize" all those shortcuts you're in like Flynn. When I first got the software I was not happy with it, and so it sits...

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Al!

I was afraid that I was diving more rapidly into senility. Can't expect too much from a free product, but the collage feature is better than my old Photoshop version.

Thanks again.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs