Free on-line Collage maker

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Free on-line Collage maker

Post by Dave Davison »

..........just came across the following free in-line collage maker with numerous templates that I thought some loungers might find useful. http://www.fotojet.com/ Have fun Dave.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Free on-line Collage maker

Post by Rudi »

Thanks Dave.

I gave the app a quick runthrough and it is very easy and intuitive. It is an online collage maker so there is no installation needed. You do need to upload your images to the application if you are comfortable with that. There are tons of templates and I love the Creative Templates, esp. the Magazine Covers. As you add photos, they each have their own controls to crop, change colour, rotate and flip, duplicate, etc.. so it is very easy to manipulate. Once the collage is created you can save it or print it. The application is initially in a test state and you can play with basic functionality, but one is required to sign up as a registered user (FREE) to use the full scope of the application.

As Dave says, if you are a creative type or you enjoy making collages or post cards, etc.. this is a great app to try out.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Rudi wrote:...You do need to upload your images to the application...
In that case, read the small print very carefully. I've not done that but you might find that by uploading images to them you are giving them permission to use your images, for free, for their own purposes that go beyond the making of a free collage for you.

If you want a free desktop / no upload necessary collage maker then Google's Picasa can do that. The only downside is that as of very soon Picasa has reached the end of it's supported life so if you want a copy you'll need to download it (and archive it safely for any future re-installs) pronto quick.

Ken

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

This is from their privacy page
The images you upload to fotojet.com are not public and no one will have access to your images without your permission. For users who might be concerned about losing ownership rights on the photos or other contents uploaded to FotoJet. The copyright for your images remains yours, even after you use FotoJet. We will never use your images without your direct consent. All collages you make are private by default and not visible to others only if you choose to share via social networks online.
Tony

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

TonyE wrote:This is from their privacy page
...We will never use your images without your direct consent...
That sounds fairly safe then.

Ken

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

I don't find the wording used in their Privacy Policy that reassuring:
"All collages you make are private by default and not visible to others only if you choose to share via social networks online."
is somewhat ambiguous.

In any event, my reading of
"We will never reduce your rights under this Policy without providing explicit, advanced notice.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy policy at any time, so please review it frequently. Notification of changes to this policy will be posted on this page. Your continued use of this site after any change in this Privacy Policy will constitute your acceptance of such change.
"
is that they can do and change what they like as long as they tell you first.

But, probably not much different from any other free service...
Leif

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

While on the topic, another online photo editor/collage maker/designer which has potential to be easy to use and useful.

Here is a link to their Privacy Policy
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.