FastStone Capture Questions

BobH
UraniumLounger

FastStone Capture Questions

Post by BobH »

Some time back - on advice offered here - I obtained the FastStone Capture program; however, I haven't used it for much other than screenshots. I've found some of the editing tools, but I cannot figure out how to make call outs. Can it be done with this software? If so, how?

:thankyou: :chocciebar: :cheers:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

HansV
Administrator

Re: FastStone Capture Questions

Post by HansV »

After capturing (part of) the screen, or loading an existing image from disk, you're in the FastStone Editor.
Click Draw on the toolbar, or press D on the keyboard, or select Edit | Draw Text, Line, ...
To create a callout with text, click the button with capital A in the toolbox on the left, or press function key F3.
Then drag a rectangle on the image. You'll get a text box in which you can enter text.
The border of the text box has handles for resizing it, and two green diamonds that you can drag away from the box to create a callout.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

BobH wrote:Some time back - on advice offered here - I obtained the FastStone Capture program; however, I haven't used it for much other than screenshots. I've found some of the editing tools, but I cannot figure out how to make call outs. Can it be done with this software? If so, how?
:thankyou: :chocciebar: :cheers:
Hi Bob,
I used Faststone for a long while after test many different screen capture apps. Then after finding Screenpresso, I haven't looked back. I'm not going to sell the product, but if you get chance, take this app for a test run. It has some great editing tools, very easy to use and IMHO, the best scrolling screenshot on the market. :smile:

Cheers!
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thank you both. I'll take a look at Screenpresso, too.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016