Studying JavaScript

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Studying JavaScript

Post by agibsonsw »

I've attached an updated version of my search page that enables you to Google search while maintaining a list of sites you wish to exclude. (This follows on from a previous topic in the Mozilla forum 'Right-click to exclude..').
To use it save the files in a sub-folder and place the image in a further subfolder called 'images'. (Unfortunately, for anyone using the previous version, this one will not carry across the (probably) short list of exclusions that you've built. In fact, if saving in the same folder, you should delete the previous cookie. (It shouldn't take you too long to recreate the list though :grin: .) And it relies on a cookie, so these must be enabled.
I've attached this particularly for anyone who might be studying JavaScript as it includes examples from lots of different topics all in one page. I'm not an expert though, but I have been testing it quite a bit. (I'm also posting it as I have no one else to show it to :sad: .)

I've made it work in both Firefox and Internet Explorer (8) (not easy!), although you might need to adjust JavaScript settings in IE if using one of the buttons. (Google Chrome will require you to enable local file access and I haven't tested it in this browser recently.)
It includes examples of dynamic CSS, DOM Scripting, cloning and moving nodes, regular expressions, events (and event bubbling), using arrays and the Date class, etc..

Couple of new things for previous users: Double-clicking a checkbox will tick or untick them all. Clicking a little arrow will move items down the list. Click 'List Domains' to show or hide a list that can be copied. When a little message appears in green text you can click it to prevent future messages from appearing.
go_search15.png
I welcome your comments or notice of errors (if any, ha ha). Andy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.