trigger Animation via URL link?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

trigger Animation via URL link?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Untitled.png
The image is taken from a weather radar URL = https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WTP
I have the page bookmarked in Firefox 76.01(64bit).
Once the page loads I need to scroll down and click on the animation button.

There are other web pages which require me to do this.

Is there a "neat trick" that i can paste into the URL line (via Properties of the bookmark) that will automatically trigger automation at the time the page is loaded? (That is, at the event of my clicking on the bookmark).
Untitled2.png
I have inspected the element, but nowadays I am way out of my depth on (a) what the code means and (b) what codes might likely take effect to trigger this command button.

As you might guess, this is not my most critical task; only if there is a simple one-size-fits-all solution for effectively executing a command button 'twould be a nice thing.
Thanks
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

HansV
Administrator

Re: trigger Animation via URL link?

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: trigger Animation via URL link?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 21:11
Does Allow or block media autoplay in Firefox help?
Thanks for the tip, Hans. I worked through the three suggestions and none seemed to work. I say "seemed" because It is late at night (for me) and I should try again in the morning after a reboot etc.

I suspect that the sites do not have anything as stupendous as autoplay (wry grin) and so there is/was nothing for Firefox to block.
Untitled.png
Given the command buttons available, I would expect that I would have to nominate them on the "command line" aka the URL command.
After all, I may be interested in "play on load" whereas another person may want "speed" or "time" on load.

Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace