Warning from Kaspersky

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Warning from Kaspersky

Post by Dave Davison »

..........not checked with Snopes but seeing it is from Kaspersky it could well be kosher...
http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/news ... le-malware
Cheers Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Warning from Kaspersky

Post by HansV »

It might be true, but I find it strange that a magazine that claims to give "Simple clear advice in plain English" doesn't bother to explain what "TDSS" and "TDL-4" are.

Moreover, we've heard similar stories several times during the last few years, and while malware is a serious problem (it is mostly produced and distributed by organized crime nowadays instead of by bored teenagers), the sky hasn't fallen yet.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I realize that malware has become quite sophisticated at hiding itself, but is it really possible to put a rootkit or any other malware on a computer that can remain completely undetected? I was never the best programmer (great system designer tho' :fanfare:) yet I knew many and they could trap memory and reveal its contents. If what the mag is blabbing, then it seems that they are saying that artificial intelligence has been created.

I find that very, very difficult to digest - to say nothing of believing.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Dave Davison wrote:..........not checked with Snopes but seeing it is from Kaspersky it could well be kosher...
Cheers Dave.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over that article, Dave.
( I'm not a big fan of Snopes but even they don't mention it )
:nope: :nosleep:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

Dave Davison wrote:..........not checked with Snopes but seeing it is from Kaspersky it could well be kosher...
Cheers Dave.
Sounds to me as though the Kaspersky marketing department has gone a little bit viral, a great way to increase business I guess. For example, googleing tdsskiller gives them quite a good exposure.

Besides, even Microsoft tools can repair the MBR, but, seeing that it was on the internet, it must be true :evilgrin:
Cheers, Claude.