Windows Defender Yellow Warning

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Windows Defender Yellow Warning

Post by hlewton »

I keep getting a yellow triangle on Windows Defender. When I open it up, I see what can be seen in the first attachment. When I go to the next step the Core Isolation Page, originally where the Red arrow is pointing that was off. I turned it on and have restarted the machine more than 3 times and I still get the yellow warning triangle. The only way I manage to get rid of that is to click “Dismiss.” I’m not sure that is safe and I don’t know what other steps to take to make it safe. Is there something I can do to get rid of the yellow warning triangle other then hitting Dismiss. Even after doing that, the warning returns after a few days. Thanks
Warning.jpg

What to do.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows Defender Yellow Warning

Post by HansV »

It must be a bug, I kept getting that too. At some point I could click Ignore, since then I don't get the yellow triangle anymore.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 13:29
It must be a bug, I kept getting that too. At some point I could click Ignore, since then I don't get the yellow triangle anymore.
Maybe that will work for me as well. After thinking about it, I may have clicked Dismiss on another machine and thought it was the one I just posted about. I will definitely keep an eye on this machine since it is the one my wife uses. Thanks for the reply.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I am getting that Local Security Authority Protection warning again. This time there is no setting available to me like in the attachment in the first post. Please see the attachment here. Should I just ignore it again even though there is no way for me to make a change?
Local Securityjpg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Same here. I'd ignore it, it must be a bug.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

OK, thank you. Does yours show the same thing as mine in that the option to turn it on or of isn't even there?
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I see the same as in your screenshot.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks again.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Microsoft is supposedly releasing a fix for this. See this article - Windows 11 incorrectly warns about LSA protection for a way to stop this if you are OK with adding a registry entry.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
04 May 2023, 16:43
Microsoft is supposedly releasing a fix for this. See this article - Windows 11 incorrectly warns about LSA protection for a way to stop this if you are OK with adding a registry entry.
Thank you. I will check it out.
Regards,
hlewton