Shadow Protect v4 now available

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Re: Shadow Protect v4 now available

Post by BobArch2 »

BobArch2 wrote: ... When I then activated the license I was positive that the assigned machine id was different. Unfortunately I can't find any present or past documentation to confirm my observation.
Hey Al, found some stuff in my documentation archives regarding assigned machine ids.

When I acquired ShadowProtect two years ago, I was running Vista and the Machine ID assigned by SP at the time was "6E50-6F82".

When I upgraded to Windows 7 January of this year and reinstalled SP, the Machine ID became "0206-1F29". I would expect a new Machine Id since I was changing the O/S and I know that I put in some new hard drives.

A couple of days ago when I went through the deactivation, uninstall, reinstall of v4 and then activation, Machine ID became "65BE-6A05". I can guarantee that there have been no new hardware devices installed since upgrading to Windows 7. The O/S has of course been upgraded with patches since January. Perhaps that might be the reason for the new Machine ID.

Long winded story to suggest that the StorageCraft servers record the license number and Machine ID and any changes to hardware and perhaps O/S are going to affect the operation / license recognition. Another argument to deactivate the license before installing an upgrade to SP.
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Bigaldoc wrote:Je vous remercie de m'avoir aidé avec le Français et SP...

(I had to cheat! I didn't learn that much in three years. Too busy working and "courting!")

:innocent:
Ahhhh, the operative word... "Courting". Forget everything else... that is the most important... "toujour l'amour" ! :wine:
Regards,
Bob

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Well, I can't complain about that response time. I received an email from StorageCraft a short time ago asking me to try again. His only precaution was to ask me to make sure I entered the serial number WITH the dashes but I didn't have to worry about that since the activation screen already had my correct serial number, as it did the first time.

It activated this time and I, of course, responded with my thanks for the rapid help!

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Bigaldoc wrote:... It activated this time and I, of course, responded with my thanks for the rapid help!
Glad to hear all is well in Southern U.S.A. :clapping:
Regards,
Bob