Cannot recover a disk image

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I am trying to recover a disk image using True Image 2013. I click Recover and choose the Source and Destination. I then click Recover Now. After a few minutes, True Image indicates that a restart is required. I click on Restart. My computer then restarts and after a few minutes I reach the log in screen, at which point my computer is in the same state it was before I restarted it. Why is Acronis not restoring the disk image?
Regards,

JMT

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Cannot recover a disk image

Post by viking33 »

jmt356 wrote:Cannot recover a disk image

I am trying to recover a disk image using True Image 2013. I click Recover and choose the Source and Destination. I then click Recover Now. After a few minutes, True Image indicates that a restart is required. I click on Restart. My computer then restarts and after a few minutes I reach the log in screen, at which point my computer is in the same state it was before I restarted it. Why is Acronis not restoring the disk image?
When you are restoring an image of the C: drive, it requires that you do a restart because it would actually be trying to install two OSs in the same place, so a restart will clear the way for it to blow away the original partition and start afresh. If it fails for whatever reason, it will just give you back to the old version.
Are you running the restore as an Administrator?
Are you giving it enough time to do it's thing after the reboot?
Sometimes, it looks like it's back to the old place but it's doing some work in the background that you might no be aware of. Then the restore screen comes on.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jmt356
SilverLounger

Re: Cannot recover a disk image

Post by jmt356 »

I am attempting to restore not only the C drive, but also the D drive. I simply follow the online instructions click Restart when prompted.

There is however something relatively bizarre: my computer has 2 drives, a Local Disk (C:) and Recovery (D:). However, the Acronis image of my computer has three drives: C:, WINRE and FAT32 (7-0). Perhaps Acronis is confused because the names of the drives on the image do not correspond to those on my computer?
Regards,

JMT