Blocking (not) spam

RonH
SilverLounger

Blocking (not) spam

Post by RonH »

Anyone any 'history' with this organisation?
http://www.spamcop.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of my emails to friends are not being delivered and are being reported/blocked by this company as being some kind of spam. Sure I can understand the need to block spammers who are sending out 10 ...1000's of 'hits' at one time but little old me :sad: It begs the question of privacy and what rights do these companies have to 'read' private emails. Sure ISP's need to limit true spam and I wish they would block the cra* that gets to my inbox which dispite setting 'sender blocks' still gets through.

I would appreciate comment from those who have knowledge please.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Blocking (not) spam

Post by HansV »

Many internet and e-mail providers have spam filters nowadays, and scanning for spam means scanning e-mail messages of course.

The decisions made by these spam filters are not perfect - they let through obvious spam, and they may block non-spam. For example, if someone uses a specific IP address to send spam, an entire block of IP addresses may become blacklisted, or all e-mail addresses from a provider, affecting perfectly innocent users too. Eileen's Lounge (and in the past Woody's Lounge) has been blacklisted several times.
There is usually a way to request an IP address or sender address to be whitelisted, although that may not be easy.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Your friends need to contact their email provider and ask them to release the blocking.

You should also contact your email provider and request that they work with spamcop to stop the blocking.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks for your comments Hans ... always appreciated :clapping:

Spam decisions (if not made by the email receiver using 'junk' facilities) must be electronic judgement based upon volume/content etc. I will have to search some of this when I get a moment. Its interesting that tampering with someone's snail mail is a criminal offence (here at least) whereas electronic mail seems to be a free for all. It's probably in the 'too hard basket', given the international aspects of email etc. The oil cartel is not governed nor rated illegal as is a business, were it to engage in price fixing with its competitors ... there are many more examples of 'too hard baskets'; I guess all I can do is simply 'accept' given the enormity of seeking some kind of 'fix'. :sad:

Or I could simply change my email address ... nope, that's too difficult. Ah well, time for an afternoon nap.

Dave ... thanks, I am taking that path.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.