Unchecky

RonH
SilverLounger

Unchecky

Post by RonH »

This relatively new software (still in beta) is designed to warn/stop the installation of crapware from downloaded software programmes.
Any Eileen user experiences?

http://download.cnet.com/Unchecky/3000- ... 86800.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Unchecky

Post by Rudi »

If it works as illustrated, and you install lots of freeware, then I'm sure it can be a useful assistant. I have become very astute with freeware installations on my part and very little misses my eye when installing anymore. (Practice makes perfect :grin: )
TX for the share!
Can't comment though as I have not used the app.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

What if freeware publishers catch on and reverse the default: you have to tick a check box to avoid unwanted software; if you leave it unticked (the default), the extra software gets installed...

I'd rather trust my own judgment than rely on an automated solution.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

The one that annoys me the most is the HP printer software that has a blue underlined link to change defaults - this one is very easy to miss and if you do miss it then you get a goodly selection of unwanted add-ons
StuartR

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I read about these 'reverse' possibilities Hans.
At any rate it may be useful for those of us who do not looksee before hitting the go button ... like for example on my lady's pc :grin:

Over time it may become a very useful tool as the free software suppliers get more skilled at hiding add-ons.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.