Windows 7 Password

RonH
SilverLounger

Windows 7 Password

Post by RonH »

I am the only user and have Administrator privileges. Access to my pc is via a password.
Whilst I understand the importance of remembering the access password & creating a reset USB memory stick if its likely to be forgotten, is there any possibility that the pc can itself (maybe through some software glitch) forget the password? How then can one solve this/can it be solved with the password reset USB stick or Is it necessary to do a complete system restore to original settings which would be a real pain in the #####

Maybe this just does not occur :scratch:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Windows 7 Password

Post by StuartR »

You could create a second account with administrator access to protect yourself from this kind of problem.
StuartR

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

... and hide it from the logon screen.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Sorted ... thanks folks.
:cheers:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

petty2013
NewLounger

Post by petty2013 »

There are many software that could be used to unlock forgotten Windows password. My most favorite is PCUnlocker. Here is how to use it:
http://www.top-password.com/knowledge/u ... sword.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It also allows you to enable a disabled or locked-out user accounts in Windows.
It's nice and simple to use.