Thunderbird tabbar position

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Thunderbird tabbar position

Post by jonwallace »

If, like me, you have upgraded Thunderbird to 11.0 and hate what they've done to the tabbar, try the "Rise of the Tools" add-on found here
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

ChrisJakarta
StarLounger

Re: Thunderbird tabbar position

Post by ChrisJakarta »

jonwallace wrote:If, like me, you have upgraded Thunderbird to 11.0 and hate what they've done to the tabbar, try the "Rise of the Tools" add-on found here
For those of us who find the tabbar rarely useful and generally only taking up real estate, check out Autohide the Tab Bar When There’s Only One Tab in Thunderbird 3. This still applies to the latest versions...

Chris

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Absolutely right Chris. I can confirm that this does still work. But I have my show calendar button on the tabbar. I honestly can't remember if this where it always lived or the update put it there, but my muscle memory knows where it is and I don't want to move it.

On another note (and headsup), the toggle quick filter button has been shifted. I can't seem to get it where I want it. Annoying.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

ChrisJakarta
StarLounger

Post by ChrisJakarta »

There's also an Addon Autohide Tabbar, but sadly its never been updated for the later versions of T'Bird. Although I continued using it by updating the .rdf file, I found it was always giving problems on T'Bird update, and was a bit flaky. The option I posted works better for me...

Chris