Live Mail Problem

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Live Mail Problem

Post by Gloria E »

I'm using version version 2011 Build 15.4.3538.0513. The problem appeared the same day as I emptied the Deleted Items folder and manually removed last months mail from the Sent Items folder. :innocent:

Now when LM opens it doesn't open in Home. To see things like reply, repy all, forward, send/receive I have to manually click on Home. I've checked options but found nothing there that would fix the situation. :scratch:

Is there a fix for this or should I remove and reinstall? If I reinstall will I lose all my listed Contacts? :flee:

I lost my only sister today so forgive me If I'm not making myself clear.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Live Mail Problem

Post by viking33 »

My condolences on your loss, Gloria.
Thoughts and prayers are with you.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Please accept my condolences, Gloria.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to find anything relevant to your problem. I don't you'd lose your messages or contacts if you reinstalled, but you should make a backup to be on the safe side. On the other hand, activating the Home tab isn't that much work - it's only one click. You might just live with it...
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Please accept my condolences, Gloria.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to find anything relevant to your problem. I don't you'd lose your messages or contacts if you reinstalled, but you should make a backup to be on the safe side. On the other hand, activating the Home tab isn't that much work - it's only one click. You might just live with it...
Thank you Hans.

I found the fix, there is a down arrow on the extreme right hand side (near the tiny red X. When it's clicked (expanded) you will see "Customize Quick Access Toolbar." Now everything is as it should be.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi Gloria.. I met a guy recently at a conference who is an I.T. lecturer & when we exchanged addresses I note his being
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmx.com and when I commented about not having come across this client before he said -in his opinion- it was the best around. Perhaps you might like to look at what it offers. :cheers: Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Dave Davison wrote:Hi Gloria.. I met a guy recently at a conference who is an I.T. lecturer & when we exchanged addresses I note his being
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmx.com and when I commented about not having come across this client before he said -in his opinion- it was the best around. Perhaps you might like to look at what it offers. :cheers: Regards Dave.
Thank you Dave, my email client's working again. I'll consider GMX Mail if I have trouble again.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

viking33 wrote:My condolences on your loss, Gloria.
Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thank you Viking. Excuse the lateness of my reply, I'm really not myself yet.

The Memorial service was held on last Tuesday, I read the Obit and almost lost it. I feel better now that it's over and I realize that she feels no more pain.