Windows live email freezes

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Windows live email freezes

Post by Dave Davison »

Can anyone tell me what causes this fault to occur when using Windows live & how to correct it. For no apparent reason when viewing my IN box contents [as the screen shot shows] a little box appears with "1 item" written in it which follows the position of the cursor. From then on I am unable to open any emails of perform any activity unless I close down & reopen it when things revert back to normal. Thanks Dave . :scratch: :scratch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows live email freezes

Post by HansV »

Does this happen repeatedly? Does the problem reappear after restarting Windows?
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Dave, why not start using Windows Live Mail, it can be accessed faster and has many good features.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

(a) The fault has no regular observable pattern to it, randomly it just happens and -as I said- logging off then back on again removes the little box making emails accessible again for an indeterminate period. (b) As for switching to Windows Live Mail; I was under the impression I had already done so when I moved from Hotmail!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Your screenshot is from Windows Live Hotmail, the successor to Hotmail. It is a webmail client that lets you view and create e-mail messages in your internet browser.

The confusingly named program Windows Live Mail (current version 2011) is a stand-alone e-mail client that operates outside the browser and that stores e-mail messages locally on your computer. You can use Windows Live Mail for Hotmail, but also for the e-mail address provided by your Internet provider.

Here is a screenshot of Windows Live Mail 2011 used to view a Hotmail account:
x874.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Dave Davison wrote:(a) The fault has no regular observable pattern to it, randomly it just happens and -as I said- logging off then back on again removes the little box making emails accessible again for an indeterminate period. (b) As for switching to Windows Live Mail; I was under the impression I had already done so when I moved from Hotmail!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: Dave.
Hi Dave, look in programs and features, if their is an entry for Windows Live Essentials, remove all of it. Now unzip my file, right click it and 'unblock' if needed. Right click again and select 'Run as administrator' reboot when done. This is the version I use on both my pc's, and is easier to use with more features than the latest MS version. Post back when done or if you need further info.
http://www.mediafire.com/?u8fmnzls0yg0prr
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Here's an image of my WLM to compare with the one from Hans.
RR.jpg
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.