Thunderbird links annoyances

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Thunderbird links annoyances

Post by PaulB »

D/L and installed TB 8.0 today. When hovering over a link in an email, this release (and release 7) give no indication (other than changing the cursor to a pointing finger) that a link is indeed a link. No change of color; no underlining. Even more annoying is the absence of any indication you have followed a given link after returning to the email (change link color, box around link).

I've searched for any settings that may affect this behavior, but no joy so far. Have I missed something?
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Re: Thunderbird links annoyances

Post by jonwallace »

Hi Paul,

I'm using Thunderbird 8 on windows XP. The links in plain text emails are blue and underlined. (I always show email in plain text) When I click them they flash briefly red, then revert to blue. The status bar always shows the destination (the real destination, not the fake "bank" website beloved of scammers).

As far as I can see, if I view in HTML, then the link is however the sender formatted it at their end, and again the destination is in the status bar. Oh, and I always get a "hand" pointer.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube