Thunderbird 7.0.1 won't stop downloading mail

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Thunderbird 7.0.1 won't stop downloading mail

Post by ChrisGreaves »

jonwallace wrote:Have you copied all the emails you want to keep to somewhere safe?
Hi John. Thanks for your nifty guide :clapping: and "Yes I have".
It is my customary Nervous-Nellie approach to computing, with such mainstays as "Make a copy of everything" and "Do the next step the next morning if you're tired". (Which is part of my delay in responding to some suggestions)

My old TBird folders are all stashed away in my T:\Blotter\ area, each with a different name, and each with a scattering of InBoxes etc.
My regular nightly backup will take place this evening.
Now that TBird is behaving I'll set aside an hour tomorrow morning to drag messages from errant folders into the primary folders "Inbox", "Trash201110", "Trash201109" and so on, after which a fresh backup will be taken.
Have fun
How can I, without my 80-column punched cards? :laugh:
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Thunderbird 7.0.1 won't stop downloading mail

Post by Bigaldoc »

ChrisGreaves wrote:...How can I, without my 80-column punched cards? :laugh:
Oooh, another nostalgic reference to my old stack of 5081s, in a cardboard box upstairs in a closet, under a pile of other "geeky" stuff I haven't looked at for a gazillion months...

(I have a room upstairs that I used to call The Computer Room back in the yonder days when I was really employed. It's now closed off to keep the geeky contamination from spreading to the civilized rooms downstairs!)