How to File an Enhancement Request with Mozilla Developers

BobH
UraniumLounger

How to File an Enhancement Request with Mozilla Developers

Post by BobH »

Can anyone tell me how to file a request for an enhancement to Thunderbird?

I went to the forum and found the caution that the forum is not read by developers. That squib stated that one could file an enhancement request using Bugzilla. When I followed the link and tried to discover a set of options for posting an enhancement request, I was unable to do so. If you know how to get through that set of choices, I'd be obliged if you would share the information.

fyi: The enhancement that I'm interested in is a means to customize the toolbar where formatting icons are displayed. More specifically, I would like to be able to add or delete icons for formatting Font (choosing the font for selected text and displaying the default font) and for Text Style (adding or deleting icons for Strikethrough, Subscripting, Superscripting, et al). I enclosed a screenshot of the portion of the Thunderbird screen display that I'm referring to.

I frequently compose email where these formatting options must be used repeatedly. Having to access the Menu Bar to select Format then choose the controlling option drop down menu then choosing among options requires a lot of clicking or key stroking. It seems that allowing customization of the icons would be a welcome and useful enhancement. What do you think? Of course, if there is a way to do this that I don't know about, please feel free to embarrass me, heap ridicule upon my shoulders, and berate me for wasting bandwidth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: How to File an Enhancement Request with Mozilla Develope

Post by viking33 »

What do you think? Of course, if there is a way to do this that I don't know about, please feel free to embarrass me, heap ridicule upon my shoulders, and berate me for wasting bandwidth.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I'll choose the latter, Bob :innocent: :grin:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.