Thunderbird 6.0.2 Conversation Mode

BobH
UraniumLounger

Thunderbird 6.0.2 Conversation Mode

Post by BobH »

Since installing the upgrade several days ago, I've been trying to get used to the conversation or dialog mode. I've found little to recommend it so far, but I'm going to give it several weeks before disabling it.

I don't know if the problem is related to the conversation mode or if it's an upgrade issue, but I've found that graphic rich messages, when forwarded, never get sent. The Sending Messages panel stays on screen but never completes.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

TIA
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Thunderbird 6.0.2 Conversation Mode

Post by Bigaldoc »

Sorry to be a dummy, but where is this "conversation" mode? I've never changed my TB options, so I don't know where this mode is.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Bigaldoc wrote:Sorry to be a dummy, but where is this "conversation" mode? I've never changed my TB options, so I don't know where this mode is.
Maybe this here will help...
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Ahhh so. Woe is me, I can see where that would be difficult to get used to.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Bigaldoc wrote:Ahhh so. Woe is me, I can see where that would be difficult to get used to.
It has it's pluses. I subscribe to the Old Tools listserv (Luddite that I am) and it makes it very easy to navigate in a thread. Of course, there probably aren't many who still habituate such shadowy places. If I were still working corresponding with large numbers of people, it would make it far easier to manage dialogues, I think.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs