Thunderbird Shutdown

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Thunderbird Shutdown

Post by Bigaldoc »

Boy, I can't wait for my new keyboard and mouse to arrive on Wednesday!

This mouse has gotten so flaky that it's painful. A short time ago, I was trying to make a post elsewhere and FOUR times in succession when I moved the mouse but didn't click anything, Firefox CLOSED.

Of course, in addition the non-responding keys on the keyboard are also getting worse. I'll be happy on Wednesday!

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Bigaldoc wrote:I'll be happy on Wednesday!
You do realise you've just put the kiss of death on your new toys...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuck wrote:
Bigaldoc wrote:I'll be happy on Wednesday!
You do realise you've just put the kiss of death on your new toys...
Oh. I Woden say that ...
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Logit

Post by Bigaldoc »

Even though this thread, as it turns out, didn't belong on this board, I'm happy to say that I've been using a new Logitech keyboard and mouse (wireless, laser) for two days now and haven't had any problems with spurious closures. So I guess they were the culprits.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

He's Baaack! Or, more appropriately, IT'S back!

Been using this "new" Logitech mouse and keyboard for a month now without any problems. BUT, this morning I was in the (Thunderbird) process of sending an email, had already typed all the text, and added a graphic (inserted, not attached).

As I started to move my mouse up to send the message, @#$%^&* Thunderbird closed up shop.

I've been thinking about this for the past hour and I don't think I've had occasion to INSERT a graphic (photo) in a message during the past month, so I AM inclined to believe that MY copy of Thunderbird belches sporadically when I insert a graphic.

I say sporadically because, in anger of course, I had to re-start TB and re-write the message including the graphic. That time it sent the message just fine. Guess I'll never know the true answer...