Thunderbird In Bold

HansV
Administrator

Re: Thunderbird In Bold

Post by HansV »

That's true for translation into Dutch too. The result may not be idiomatic, but it usually gives a fair idea of the meaning of the text. But sometimes it's very funny...
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Boy, this getting old is not for sissies! What a difference a year and a half can make!

I did it again. Sometime yesterday, without thinking, I allowed an "update" to the Thunderbird Walnut2 theme that I like so well. It updated to version 2.0.1 and immediately thereafter all my Thunderbird file and message entries were all BOLD as happened in the first post of this thread. I don't know what it is that this guy does in his updates that causes this boldness junk and I'm not gonna engage in another email session with him.

I like the theme, so I went to a backup and brought over the Extensions folder contents from my backup to replace all, just in case. The problem is fixed and the Walnut2 theme as per my backup is version 1.8.78 so I WILL make it a point to put in my aged brain NOT to allow Thunderbird theme updates in the future.

While I was about it, I also downloaded a few other themes that are acceptable to me, just in case!

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Bigaldoc wrote:... Sometime yesterday, without thinking, I allowed an "update" ...
I hope this will end this thread! It now appears that I DID NOT "allow" except by ignorance.

The theme is back to bold this morning and I discovered that all the addon THEMES have an auto-update radio button which you don't see unless you click "more." They are now all turned off and yet another backup restored.