At last! Option to turn off Gmail 'conversations'

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

At last! Option to turn off Gmail 'conversations'

Post by John Gray »

Gmail's 'conversation view' appears to be the most polarising entity in present-day computing, perhaps even more so than PC vs. Mac or Windows vs. Linux!

And soon, after at least three years of vituperative feedback from those who hated 'conversation view' with a perfect hate, Google is now magnanimously allowing users the option of disabling it! Here is the lament of a Google Conversations Zealot...

(And for those who don't have a clue what cilantro is, it turns out to be an esoteric word for the herb (that's with a sounded 'h'!) coriander...)
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

StoneChucker
StarLounger

Re: At last! Option to turn off Gmail 'conversations'

Post by StoneChucker »

Personally, as long as it remains an option, and isn't forced on me, that's fine and dandy. I love my cilantro!!

....and my Gmail conversation view too.

Christopher

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Over here people enjoy Carrot and Coriander Soup!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

John Gray wrote:Gmail's 'conversation view' appears to be the most polarising entity in present-day computing, perhaps even more so than PC vs. Mac or Windows vs. Linux!

And soon, after at least three years of vituperative feedback from those who hated 'conversation view' with a perfect hate, Google is now magnanimously allowing users the option of disabling it! Here is the lament of a Google Conversations Zealot...

(And for those who don't have a clue what cilantro is, it turns out to be an esoteric word for the herb (that's with a sounded 'h'!) coriander...)
Why is it that the poster of the Google Tip has to go on about cilantro, salsa and the like? Why can't the point of his post be gotten to quickly! The last two or three sentences about how to do this deed would have been sufficient! JMO of course! :grin:
BTW, thanks for the pointer because I want to try this tip!
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.