'You're all done! Nothing in inbox'

Jeff H
4StarLounger

'You're all done! Nothing in inbox'

Post by Jeff H »

Sound familiar to anyone? I'm get this now in my Android Gmail for the first time. There's a picture of a girl reading a book and an icon that tells me I actually have 11 unread emails. I can use the menu to go to the Sent folder where I see emails, but the most recent is October 23. There's a Compose button and I can send myself a message. That shows up in the unread email count and I receive it on my computer at two addresses (gmail and yahoo). But the Android inbox still doesn't display and I get a notice of unsent messages in the outbox. I tried rebooting the phone, and then I turned it off for about an hour, but got the same problem.

I tried looking this up online but got no useful, or even recent results. Has anyone else come across this, and is there a fix.

- Jeff

HansV
Administrator

Re: 'You're all done! Nothing in inbox'

Post by HansV »

Can you see the messages in the All Mail folder in the Gmail app on your phone?

What if you go to Gmail in your browser instead of in the Gmail app?
Best wishes,
Hans

Jeff H
4StarLounger

Post by Jeff H »

On my phone 'All Inboxes' shows old mail from September 23 (even older than the Sent folder). It also shows the 'Unsent messages in Outbox' notice.

In the browser on my phone, Gmail is fine.

It appears that it's the app that's stuck, but I'm not sure how to delete the app and reinstall, or if that's even a good idea.

- Jeff

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't think you can uninstall the Gmail app in Android; you can force it to stop or disable it (in Settings > Apps). You might try these and then reactivating the app, to see if it makes a difference.
Best wishes,
Hans

Jeff H
4StarLounger

Post by Jeff H »

Yep, that seems to have done it. I tried Stop first but I didn't see any effect. Then I Disabled it and re-enabled it and it came up with a somewhat different appearance, but fully sync'd. The new gmail logo just showed up on my computer a few days ago, so I guess this was some kind of glitch in the same roll-out.

Thanks Hans. I just needed a trustworthy nudge.