How to 'undo' an ill-advised Gmail message

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Article from CNN can be found here
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: How to 'undo' an ill-advised Gmail message

Post by Hey Jude »

I am trying this out, but after having found the green beaker am unable to find "Undo Send" do you have it in yours?

"4. Scroll down almost all the way to the bottom until you see "Undo Send." Click "enable" and the feature is now on. Then scroll the rest of the way down and look in the bottom left corner for the "Save Changes" box. Click it.

** I found it by going to my Settings and it is there at the bottom instead of how the instructions said to set it up.
Last edited by Hey Jude on 24 Aug 2010, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The "Labs" utilities are sorted alphabetically - Undo Send should be the next to last one in the list. You have to scroll down quite a bit to see it.
x302.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

I was looking for it where I clicked "MORE" and found Labs that way. I looked at the next instructions since I couldn't find "Undo Send" that way and went to my "Settings" and scrolled down to Labs and found Undo Send there so it's cool. Thanks for posting. I guess I found it about the time you posted, but it must have already been included in my settings as a default. If you notice in the instruction #5 and 6:

5. Now, go back to the main Gmail page and click "Settings" in the top right. You should also see your green Labs beaker icon there now -- this will let you go straight to Labs from now on.

6. Scroll down to "Undo Send" -- it should be right above "My Picture." Your default should be set to 10 seconds. But you can use the drop-down bar to stretch that to 30 seconds.

I turned it on to see what happens when I send a TEST hehe

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

There are options for 5, 10, 20 and 30 seconds. I suppose it depends how quickly you react with an "Oh crap" eh? I never knew that was there, but have found it exists in FaceBook without ever having set it up that way. I wanted to delete one message on FB and ended up deleting the entire message thread to my dismay :-(

**Thanks Chris for posting this. I've just enabled a couple of the other "tweaks" so will see how it works out :cheers:

Hans did you use FastStone Capture for your screenshot? I haven't gotten to the part about inserting the arrow yet.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:The "Labs" utilities are sorted alphabetically ...

FWIW ...

I *think* I noticed that once I'd chosen an application it floated to the top of the list, a sort of MostRecentlyUsed feature. I can't remember exactly where it was, but I recall that day as I trolled around the pages something suddenly shifted position.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yes, "enabled" Labs features are listed first, then the "disabled" ones.
x303.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:Yes, "enabled" Labs features are listed first, then the "disabled" ones.
Thanks for the confirmation. Another day chalked up as "sane"!