Import Gmail Contacts to Thunderbird

RonH
SilverLounger

Import Gmail Contacts to Thunderbird

Post by RonH »

Online instructions state:

Import Your Gmail Contacts In Mozilla Thunderbird
To export your Gmail address book and import it into Mozilla Thunderbird, you must first save your Gmail contacts as a contacts.csv file.

Open Gmail.

Select Contacts at the top of the left panel.

Click Export.

Select Outlook CSV from the formatting options.

Click Export to generate the contacts.csv file.

Then comes the finicky part—importing the contacts.csv file into Thunderbird.

Select Tools > Import from the menu in Mozilla Thunderbird.

Make sure Address Books is selected.

Click Next.

Highlight Text file (LDIF,.tab,.csv,.txt) under Please select the program from which you would like to import.

Click Next.

Locate the contacts.csv file you just created in Gmail and select it.

Click Open.

Make sure First record contains field names is checked.

Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to match Mozilla Thunderbird address book fields on the left with Gmail fields on the right. Make sure at least Primary Email aligns with E-mail Address and Last Name aligns with Name. (Gmail has a unified name field and does not distinguish between first and last names.)

Use the Next button at the top to see what the import process will produce.

Click OK.

Click Finish.

In your Mozilla Thunderbird address book, you will now find a folder named "contacts" with all imported Gmail contacts.

I follow this proceedure up to MoveUp/Down thereafter getting into a mess :scratch: I have made many attempt to MoveUp/Down to align columns but without success. I am simply looking to only import from the .csv file the First Name/Last Name and Email address from the .csv columns. Even though I have Names in the .csv file in the correct columns, when I match (using the Up/Down buttons) I end up with the first part of the email address as Name in T'bird.
Any ideas please
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.