Compose is Sans Serif
Still on old Gmail version.
-
Account 2 + 3 new versions
All fonts as above.
-
I tried this as stated by Google:-
Default text style:
(Use the 'Remove Formatting' button on the toolbar to reset the default text style)
-
No matter what I do, all messages get Font Sans Serif in composing.
Any suggestions on how to preset compose font to Verdana.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Gmail Fonts

Post by HansV »

After changing the font, did you make sure to scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and to click 'Save Changes'? If you omit that, the changes won't 'take'.
S2310.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Yes that is one thing I'm fully aware of and I always do it. I changed to other fonts, saved changes, went back to the 'Home' Gmail page then clicked the 'Reload current page button' Sometimes I click File Exit then reopen Gmail. Everytime, Compose reverts to Sans Serif. Changeing the OO Office reply Signature font to Verdana (I dont use it) makes no difference.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Weird. It works correctly for me every time.

I don't know of any other way to do this, or to ensure that the change takes.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

What Windows are you using? Bye the way, its the same on my Desktop PC for all 3 accounts.
RR.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm on Windows 10 version 1803.

Your screenshot shows the bottom of the Compose window. You cannot set the default font there.

To set the default font, click the gear button near the upper right corner and select Settings.
S2311.png
Select the font (and size etc.) in the Default text style section. Do NOT click the rightmost button (the T with a slash) here, it resets the font settings to Google's default.
S2312.png
Scroll down if necessary, and click Save Changes.
S2310.png
If you now click Compose, then click in the body of the email, you should see the font that you selected. You can still apply a different font to (part of) the text in this message by selecting a font in the bar at the bottom, shown in your screenshot. Clicking the Reset button (the slashed T) will apply your default font.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

I have been using the Settings Menu to try to change the default font. My image was to explain what happened on opening the compose box.

I sent four emails to one of my other accounts using the four fonts as in my image, one at a time.
They all looked the same in my gmail compose box and in my other email message pane.
RR.PNG
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm stumped. You might ask in Google's Gmail forum (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/gmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

This is a copy of the 2 replies from Gmail Support.
-
Hello,

We have received your request. Just call Google Support number 1-845-202-0990. We will help you to fix your issues.

Thank you

--- ---
WAS A REPLY HELPFUL? If so, please click the link to the discussion below and vote it up, mark it a best answer using the ribbon icon, or reply to say thanks.
--- ---
PLEASE NOTE: Phone support is not available for free, consumer Gmail accounts. Be wary of services claiming to offer phone support. More tips for being secure on the web: https://goo.gl/HRjfNo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
--- ---
PLEASE DON’T REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. It was sent from a notification-only address that can’t accept replies.
---
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Gmail Help Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/a/googleprodu ... nsubscribe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to gmail+unsubscribe@googleproductforums.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/googleprodu ... forums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Based on the picture, you are asking about setting the default font for composing messages. You can set on the General page in your Gmail settings.
Formatting, fonts, and colors - Computer - Gmail Help

--- ---
WAS A REPLY HELPFUL? If so, please click the link to the discussion below and vote it up, mark it a best answer using the ribbon icon, or reply to say thanks.
--- ---
PLEASE NOTE: Phone support is not available for free, consumer Gmail accounts. Be wary of services claiming to offer phone support. More tips for being secure on the web: https://goo.gl/HRjfNo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
--- ---
PLEASE DON’T REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. It was sent from a notification-only address that can’t accept replies.
---
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Gmail Help Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/a/googleprodu ... nsubscribe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to gmail+unsubscribe@googleproductforums.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/googleprodu ... forums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Not very useful. I wouldn't call that number.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Do they call it a Help Forum to help MS make their next billion?
It would have been nice to finally use Gmail directly but have been using Windows Live Mail (RIP) and lately Mozilla T Bird.
Their new version of Gmail has superb new features that I find (in my case only) as usefull as a chocolate teapot and 3 times slower in loading than the old version I'm still using.
P.S. I have upgraded to TB version 60.0 including my portable version. It has 2 changes Default language is English USA in this setting. And the fonts list size has shrunk in the Inbox notification area.
9.png
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.