TB 52.7.0

viking33
PlatinumLounger

TB 52.7.0

Post by viking33 »

Now that Mozilla has done away with the Extension "Theme and Font Changer," ( and a few other add-0ns ) I've been using the ESN version foe now. Is there any way to change the font size and use Bold fonts? The Mozilla forum has shown a lot of people complaining about this arbitrary elimination of a good extension but Mozilla has turned a deaf ear to them. Same with Firefox itself. My eyes ain't what they used to be, as the old saying goes. :scratch:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Re: TB 52.7.0

Post by jonwallace »

See if the version from this page http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChan ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; works (disclaimer: I haven't tried it -- I have bad eyes but good glasses)
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Apparently you can create a subfolder named Chrome in your Mozilla user profile folder, then create a text file named userChrome.css in that folder.
Copy the following text into the file:

Code: Select all

/*
 * Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct functioning
 */
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* set default namespace to XUL */

/* 
 * Make all the default font sizes 9 pt:
 */
* { font-size: 9pt !important; }
You can set a larger font size of course.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

jonwallace wrote:See if the version from this page http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChan ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; works (disclaimer: I haven't tried it -- I have bad eyes but good glasses)
Must be doing something wrong. DL the noexir? file, disabled auto Updates and deleted the old version of Font Changer but TB & Fx said it couldn't install this .XPI file because it was not compatible with TB 52.7.0?
BOB

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:Apparently you can create a subfolder named Chrome in your Mozilla user profile folder, then create a text file named userChrome.css in that folder.
Copy the following text into the file:

Code: Select all

/*
 * Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct functioning
 */
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* set default namespace to XUL */

/* 
 * Make all the default font sizes 9 pt:
 */
* { font-size: 9pt !important; }
You can set a larger font size of course.
Hans, I didn't get very far with your suggestion either. Not sure what really happened but it didn't seem to do anything but disable the Appearance theme, which I enabled but was back where I started
Again, sure it was something I screwed up.
BOB

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Sorry about that - I don't use Thunderbird myself, so I cannot test it. Since it doesn't work, I would delete the chrome subfolder under your Mozilla user profile.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:Sorry about that - I don't use Thunderbird myself, so I cannot test it. Since it doesn't work, I would delete the chrome subfolder under your Mozilla user profile.
I don't know for sure but after a reboot, it does seem to have changed Firefox and not TB? I'll leave it there for now.
If only TB was changed because that was I really wanted it to be effective.
BOB

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Still works on my Laptop pc running Win7 Home Prem. 32bit.
TB.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

jonwallace
5StarLounger

Post by jonwallace »

viking33 wrote:
jonwallace wrote:See if the version from this page http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChan ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; works (disclaimer: I haven't tried it -- I have bad eyes but good glasses)
Must be doing something wrong. DL the noexir? file, disabled auto Updates and deleted the old version of Font Changer but TB & Fx said it couldn't install this .XPI file because it was not compatible with TB 52.7.0?
I just downloaded this and it seems to be working fine.

Quick question to eliminate the obvious: Are you downloading the file from the website then drag'n'dropping it onto the TB addons window? (That's what I did)
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

jonwallace wrote:
viking33 wrote:
I just downloaded this and it seems to be working fine.

Quick question to eliminate the obvious: Are you downloading the file from the website then drag'n'dropping it onto the TB addons window? (That's what I did)
But is the Theme & Font Changer installed and working?
Firebird is working OK. I Dl the file from Mozilla, BTW You just dragged the whole file and dropped it in TB? Never tried doing that.
BOB

jonwallace
5StarLounger

Post by jonwallace »

viking33 wrote: But is the Theme & Font Changer installed and working?
Firebird is working OK. I Dl the file from Mozilla, BTW You just dragged the whole file and dropped it in TB? Never tried doing that.
Yup :innocent:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John

― Teddie O. Rahube

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Still get the "not compatible" message?
About ready to chuck this TB in the recycle bin.
BOB

jonwallace
5StarLounger

Post by jonwallace »

viking33 wrote:Still get the "not compatible" message?
About ready to chuck this TB in the recycle bin.
No I didn't get the "not compatible" message at all. If it helps, I had never had this extension installed previously, so I was starting with a "clean" profile, at least as far as this extension goes. It might be that you need to scour prefs.js (with TB closed and make a copy first) and the extensions folder in your profile for left over traces of the old extension (the guy that modded the extension is quite specific about getting rid of the old one first).
John

― Teddie O. Rahube