Retaining Thunderbird View Options between Sessions

BobH
UraniumLounger

Retaining Thunderbird View Options between Sessions

Post by BobH »

In TB 3.0.4 and now in 3.0.5 I'm bedeviled by a problem that I can't understand.

I have changed preferences in the View/SortBy in all my folders to show threads ascending by date in hopes of always seeing the oldest message at the top of the list. This has worked and remained as my preference in most (I think all other) folders except one in particular - of course, it is the most used one.

I have to change the sort order every time I open that folder, whether because I navigated to a different folder and returned or because I closed and reopened TB. It is not so very difficult to resort them, but it seems a royal pain in the posterior that it will not retain the preferences last chosen.

I can't find (probably "I" am the problem) any options that will make the View/SortBy option permanent in this one folder.

I posted this on the Mozilla Forums about 6 weeks ago but received no response. I don't think I posted it here; but, if I did, mea culpa.

TIA
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs