Clicking a Link in Thunderbird Doesn't Open a Firefox Tab

BobH
UraniumLounger

Clicking a Link in Thunderbird Doesn't Open a Firefox Tab

Post by BobH »

After installing TB 31.7.0, I found that I cannot click on a URL or hot link and have Firefox brought up with the link in a new Fx tab. It's always possible that there is some other cause, but I noticed it soon after installing the TB update.

Does anyone know if there is an option in TB (or Fx) that must be enabled in order to be able to click on a link in TB and have Fx display the page in a new tab? This worked before. :scratch:

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Clicking a Link in Thunderbird Doesn't Open a Firefox Ta

Post by viking33 »

Bob,
I ran down the options in both TB and Fx and didn't spot any that might apply to your problem. I have both the latest updates for them installed without any problems. 38.0.1 in Fx, 31.7.0 in TB
I suppose you could step back to the older versions to see if that does anything but I do have my doubts.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

viking33 wrote:Bob,
I ran down the options in both TB and Fx and didn't spot any that might apply to your problem. I have both the latest updates for them installed without any problems. 38.0.1 in Fx, 31.7.0 in TB
I suppose you could step back to the older versions to see if that does anything but I do have my doubts.

Thanks, Bob. I let the problem sit overnight and that seems to have fixed it. No hammers were involved; percussive adjustment was not required.

:scratch:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

BobH wrote:
viking33 wrote:Bob,

Thanks, Bob. I let the problem sit overnight and that seems to have fixed it. No hammers were involved; percussive adjustment was not required.

:scratch:
Sometimes you just have to sit back and wait for SWH to fix your problem.
( Something Wonderful Happened ) :laugh: :clapping:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.