Make default in Thunderbird 3.03

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Make default in Thunderbird 3.03

Post by viking33 »

IS there a way to make "allow remote content" the default when opening email messages?
You apparently can allow it for one particular address but I don't see a way to avoid doing this for all new emails?
Capture5-4-2010-1.03.21 PM.jpg
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Make default in Thunderbird 3.03

Post by stuck »

see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Privacy_basic ... derbird%29

where it says:
Another more dangerous choice is to just display all images from any sender. You can change this setting by opening the Config editor and toggling the preference, mailnews.message_display.disable_remote_image to "false", but this is not recommended since it will allow loading of all remote images and spammers will be able to verify your e-mail address, as mentioned earlier.
Ken

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Make default in Thunderbird 3.03

Post by viking33 »

stuck wrote:see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Privacy_basic ... derbird%29

where it says:
Another more dangerous choice is to just display all images from any sender. You can change this setting by opening the Config editor and toggling the preference, mailnews.message_display.disable_remote_image to "false", but this is not recommended since it will allow loading of all remote images and spammers will be able to verify your e-mail address, as mentioned earlier.
Ken
Ken,
Thanks. Guess I'll have to play it safe and as long as it saves the preferences for each address, after a while it should quiet down.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.