Backup for Mozilla Fx & TB

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Backup for Mozilla Fx & TB

Post by viking33 »

I asked this same thing in my other thread about blank emails but I'm opening this one to see if I get better response.

I'm looking for a different ( better ) way to back up my emails than using Mozbackup. I'm particularly unhappy with the restore methods that can't seem to find a recent copy of the backup file.
There has to be another program out there that does it better? :scratch: :sad:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Re: Backup for Mozilla Fx & TB

Post by jonwallace »

viking33 wrote:I asked this same thing in my other thread about blank emails but I'm opening this one to see if I get better response.

I'm looking for a different ( better ) way to back up my emails than using Mozbackup. I'm particularly unhappy with the restore methods that can't seem to find a recent copy of the backup file.
There has to be another program out there that does it better? :scratch: :sad:
You don't actually need anything special to back up your TB profile, just whatever you usually back up with to copy the profile folder elsewhere should do the trick.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

I agree with Jon; wouldn't it work with something you already have (not knowing about Mozbackup)?
I don't use TB (but have tried it), but for Fx I use simple archives (ZIP) when doing small, quick, backups (as opposed to a complete image).
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

I'm with John and Argus. I don't specifically back up my FF and TB profiles as I can access any of these using my ShadowProtect hourly incremental backups.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Thank you, Gentlemen. I'm convinced. Guess I'm always looking for a quick click and excecute way to do things. I'll use my True Image to do it. :thankyou:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.