Update: FossaMail v25.0.0 released

ChrisJakarta
StarLounger

Update: FossaMail v25.0.0 released

Post by ChrisJakarta »

Finally an update to FossaMail. Both 32bit and 64bit versions available.

From the forum:
This major update to the mail client involves the following:
  • Change of the core scripting and rendering back-end to Pale Moon 25.1! FossaMail is now completely based on Pale Moon, using it as the "engine" to drive the mail/news client.
    This basically fast-forwards the mail client a year in terms of features and improvements on the back-end, including improved secure connections to servers and the likes.
    This also means FossaMail can no longer be considered a "re-build of Mozilla Thunderbird" and should be considered a true fork from this point forward.
    Updated branding and a few aesthetic things.
    FossaMail now has a repository on GitHub - considering release of the source code at this point (with a lot more than just branding and configuration changes) is required as per the MPL Open Source license.
In addition, a full range of language packs are now offered.

It is also confirmed that FossaMail will continue to be compatible with Thunderbird. For those of us old codgers who do not like the new Mozilla UI, this is a great alternative.

Chris

HansV
Administrator

Re: Update: FossaMail v25.0.0 released

Post by HansV »

Thanks!
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Chris,
I've never heard of FossaMail before this but I'm always ready to try a new and\or different program.
What can you tell us about this in the way of a recommendation?
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ChrisJakarta
StarLounger

Post by ChrisJakarta »

FossaMail appears almost identical to the previous versions of Thunderbird. Since I do not like the new T'bird UI, it suits me fine. I've been using it for most of a year, and it has not so far let me down.

Because it is based on T'bird, migration is very simple and reliable. T'bird add-ons seem to work fine. And unlike T'bird, there is a 64bit version.

Hope that helps.

Chris