Yahoo Mail open message in full screen?

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Yahoo Mail open message in full screen?

Post by jaystarter »

Using Windows Live Mail select a message and it opens in another window which is full screen. The Yahoo Mail (including using various ISPs in the UK.... BT Yahoo or Sky Yahoo email) clicking on a message opens it in the same window. Is there a way to make the Yahoo message open in another window then maximise that window? I mean a separate window not the preview pane at the bottom of the messages.I have tried to add screen shots to make things clearer
( :laugh: probably not having previewed this :laugh:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

HansV
Administrator

Re: Yahoo Mail open message in full screen?

Post by HansV »

What happens if you double-click a Yahoo message?

Added later: After reading Rudi's reply, I see that I misinterpreted the original question, so the above is not relevant. Sorry!
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I've tried various mouse options and key combo's and have not succeeded to open it in a new window. Yahoo is tab based, so each email opens in a separate tab across the top. Unless I have overlooked this feature, I don't think it can be opened in a separate window. These is not even an option for this in the settings of the program.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Post by jaystarter »

Hans, Rudi, I have spent too much time clicking, double clicking, going into settings etc etc. I have come to the same conclusion. Yet the person I am trying to help is certain he could read his emails (@sky.com which is sky yahoo) in a full screen window up to last week (he has visual impairment). Nothing has changed so I'm guessing he must be imagining it.
Jeff

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi Jaystarter,

Two options:

In the options of Yahoo (Cog on Top Right), choose General Options.
Either you can change the font size to Large or Extra Large

OR

If you switch back to the older "Basic" version, I notice that you can right click an email and choose to open in a NEW window. (Maybe he was still in the basic version?)

Cheers!
2013-07-22_14h06_53.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Post by jaystarter »

Rudi wrote:Hi Jaystarter,

Two options:

In the options of Yahoo (Cog on Top Right), choose General Options.
Either you can change the font size to Large or Extra Large

OR

If you switch back to the older "Basic" version, I notice that you can right click an email and choose to open in a NEW window. (Maybe he was still in the basic version?)

Cheers!
2013-07-22_14h06_53.jpg
Rudi you have it! That's is exactly how it was. BUT as you can see BT Yahoo is missing the option to revert to basic...as is Sky Yahoo which he is using. Looks like some ISPs have dropped the option to return to the basic mode.
Jeff

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

It seems we just can't get headway with this one!
Sorry about that :sorry:

Edited with new find...

I just found a possible solution for BT Yahoo (and possibly similar with Sky Yahoo).
See the image details to switch back to the Classic version of Yahoo... This is the same as switching to Basic in the normal Yahoo Mail. (At least I hope this is as I do not have these versions to test it on.)
2013-07-23_07h38_11.jpg
Regards,
Rudi

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

OK...after even further investigation, I doubt my previous edit will help.
I found this very informative article that hilites all the plans, changes and options re this mail app.: Changing to the New BT Yahoo Mail – Classic Mail closure

In it it quotes:
BT Yahoo! Mail Classic closure
Now that we've introduced the new version of BT Yahoo! Mail, the Classic version of BT Yahoo! Mail (as shown here) will be retired on 13 June 2013.
Regards,
Rudi

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Post by jaystarter »

BT Yahoo! Mail Classic closure
Now that we've introduced the new version of BT Yahoo! Mail, the Classic version of BT Yahoo! Mail (as shown here) will be retired on 13 June 2013.
All input appreciated on this one and I can now confirm that as with BT, Sky has also followed this policy. Strange as I have a standard Yahoo.com web mail also - and the option to switch between basic/classic/new view is still available.
Jeff

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Cheers! :)
Regards,
Rudi

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Cheers! :)
Regards,
Rudi