Windows Live Mail strange notice

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Windows Live Mail strange notice

Post by Gloria E »

Just now when I closed Live Mail a message appeared that read: When you send email messages, it will be saved to your Outbox folder and will be sent the next time messages are sent and received." I closed the email client.

Another notice appeared, right after it was closed, that said: You have unsent mail in your outbox. Do you want to send them now?

I am using WLM 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308.

Has anyone seen such a notice and why has this started happening?

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows Live Mail strange notice

Post by HansV »

Open Windows Live Mail.
Do you see "Working Offline" in the lower right corner? If so, click Go Online in the Home tab of the ribbon.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

What are the settings in "Options, then the Send Tab"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Open Windows Live Mail.
Do you see "Working Offline" in the lower right corner? If so, click Go Online in the Home tab of the ribbon.
I didn't notice is working offline was in the window at the time of receiving that message. It says working online now, I'll take notice if it happens again and make the appropriate changes.

So simple to fix if you only knew what to look for.

Thanks Hans, one more thing I learned how to do. :thankyou:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

DaveA wrote:What are the settings in "Options, then the Send Tab"?
All 5 are ticked under Settings, so that couldn't have been the cause. That message hasn't appeared again. I hope it was just one of those one time things that happen every once in a while.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

I would expect you to get warnings like that if you close your email client with something in your Outbox, regardless of whether you are off-line or on-line.

If you were sending a large email that might take (say) 5-10 seconds to upload, it is quite easy to click on Send and close your client before sending is completed.
Leif

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Leif wrote:I would expect you to get warnings like that if you close your email client with something in your Outbox, regardless of whether you are off-line or on-line.

If you were sending a large email that might take (say) 5-10 seconds to upload, it is quite easy to click on Send and close your client before sending is completed.
I don't remember how large the email was, but it's possible that it was a large one. Next time I will take notice of how large the object I was sending is before I click Send and close WLM. Now that I think about it, I believe I was forwarding a newspaper article that was quite large.

Thanks for the heads up.