On Line Storage WLM

RonH
SilverLounger

On Line Storage WLM

Post by RonH »

Just a few 'learning' questions:
1. It seems that emails are kept on servers even after you download ... am I correct :scratch:
How can one stop this practice with a normal POP3 account ... I also have Hotmail but I am not concerned about this one.
2. I have started to use the WLM Calendar, obviously with Reminders (age you know!) Again it seems that Calendar details are stored on line? In Vista you had a local Calendar.
3. My POP3 account is at the top of the WLM screen which is where I want it to be. I also have many emails that I transferred from my old pc and these have ended up in 'Storage Folders' which is the last folder at the bottom. Between these folders is Hotmail and Outbox. I move Hotmail to the bottom (so that I have easier access to my 'Storage Folders' but it insists on taking 2nd place every time I open the programme. Can I 'lock it' where I want it?

You might gather that I am not in favour of keeping my personal records 'on line'.
:thankyou:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Leif
Administrator

Re: On Line Storage WLM

Post by Leif »

Leif

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Leif ... hadn't found that before :sad:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Sorry I can't help with the other points! :smile:
Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Appointments and reminders are stored on your PC, in the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail.

I wouldn't be surprised if accounts are displayed in alphabetic order, but I'm not sure about that.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Post by stuckling1 »

RonH wrote: it seems that Calendar details are stored on line?
Windows Live Hotmail Calendar does live 'in the cloud' , but you can use WLM desktop to access a local calendar that will stay on your PC.
However as Microsoft assume that most people using WLM desktop are accessing Hotmail accounts, the default calendar is a Live Hotmail calendar.
It's a while since I've used WLM desktop, so may be wrong on the offline calendr topic - I use Outlook myself.

If you have Outlook and don't mind putting up with it's idiosyncrasy and annoyances, that can definitely manage both 'online' and 'offline' calendars.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks for your input. Since posting, I have decided just to use the WLM Calendar locally and have set it so that it can show on the rhs of the mail screen. Must say that I ain't so keen on WLM so might change at some stage.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.