Saving Emails, Windows Mail

RonH
SilverLounger

Saving Emails, Windows Mail

Post by RonH »

To Save email copies in another folder (not in Windows Mail) you have to 'Save As' on an individual email basis and then copy into the required folder. In an attempt to get over this lengthy one-by-one saving, I send an email to myself with all the wanted emails on it as Attachments and then I 'Save As' this email where I want it. I then delete all copied emails from my Windows Mail. I hate 'clutter' :groan: You can select multiple emails and attach to one email.
For me this is a form of archiving emails that will not necessarily be referred to again but for which I want to keep a record. In some cases I may just send this email (with attached) to another email address eg off my pc to secure a remote copy.
Is there a better way?
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Re: Saving Emails, Windows Mail

Post by agibsonsw »

This might work :) You could create a folder on your desktop and drag emails directly from your inbox into the folder. You can use the Ctrl key to select mutliple emails. This copies the emails but once you've checked the process (thoroughly!) you could delete the originals.

The emails have an extension .eml so I suspect you could only open then from within Windows Mail, although my version is called 'Windows Live Mail' but I suspect they are very similar.

I recommend you try this with a few 'dummy' emails. Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi RonH, in WLM or Windows Mail, if you open them then click file, save as... you can keep them wherever you want.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

agibsonsw wrote:This might work :) ... The emails have an extension .eml so I suspect you could only open then from within Windows Mail, although my version is called 'Windows Live Mail' but I suspect they are very similar.
Andy.
Perfect Andy ... forgot that you also can drag & drop emails ... works a treat with as many as you want in one go using the selection 'ctrl' process. :clapping: I was doing tjis of course within 'Mail' but forgot its also got window to window possibilities. Saving is still in 'Mail' format which is what I wanted.
Thanks
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Roderunner wrote:Hi RonH, in WLM or Windows Mail, if you open them then click file, save as... you can keep them wherever you want.
Thanks 'Roderunner'. It was the 'many in one go' that I was trying to solve. See my other reply.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Ron, glad its solved. You can also click file and save, but it is not selective, I believe its only all of them.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.