expanding folders in live mail

aekyall
4StarLounger

expanding folders in live mail

Post by aekyall »

Hi,
New to Live mail, and don't seem to be able to find any setting that will ensure mail subfolders (or all folders for that matter) remain in the 'expanded' state. Whenever I open Live mail I have to start by double clicking on higher level folders to expand the associated lower ones. Didn't have this problem with OE6 and suspect that there's a setting somewhere - I just don't seem able to find it. Can you help please?

Many thanks
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Re: expanding folders in live mail

Post by HansV »

I searched Google, and it appears that folders automatically expanded for some users who preferred them collapsed and vice versa in Outlook Express.

The only relevant setting I found for Windows Live Mail is in the General tab of the Options dialog (Tools | Options or Show Menu | Options depending on whether you show the menu bar or not): there's a check box "Automatically display folders with unread messages".

(I don't use WLM myself, so I can't check whether there are other relevant options)
Best wishes,
Hans

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Thanks for the response Hans - I checked my setting for that option and the box is already ticked. I cannot see anything else under the options headers that would fit. Anyway, just for the heck of it, I've unticked the box and will see what, if any, difference that makes! Must admit, hadn't occured to me to google the question! I really must pay more attention!

Regards and many thanks,
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't think clearing that check box will do what you want - you should probably tick it again...
Best wishes,
Hans

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Yes, I'm pretty sure you're right. thought I'd try it as there doesn't seem to be anything else! I've now re-ticked the box and will live with the problem - although it's more an inconvenience than a problem, if I'm honest. At least the lower level folders expand when I drag an e-mail from the in-box and hover over the upper level of the set. It's just that my preference is to have all folders open and to remain so! Ah well, onward!
thanks Hans
Regards,
Keith