where is deleted items folder

bmelloh
NewLounger

where is deleted items folder

Post by bmelloh »

Hi, a friend of mine just bought a new laptop and had someone install Windows Live Mail 2012. She says on the left side / pane, it shows Quick View, her email account and then the Outbox. Under her email account, she has an "inbox" and some folders she created. It doesn't have a "send" folder or a "deleted items" folder. She would like to be able to see those folders. Where are they hiding? Thanks in advance.

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Re: where is deleted items folder

Post by MalcolmWalker »

bmelloh wrote:Hi, a friend of mine just bought a new laptop and had someone install Windows Live Mail 2012. She says on the left side / pane, it shows Quick View, her email account and then the Outbox. Under her email account, she has an "inbox" and some folders she created. It doesn't have a "send" folder or a "deleted items" folder. She would like to be able to see those folders. Where are they hiding? Thanks in advance.
FWIW I found this:
"I finally found my sent email by clicking on the View tab, then click on Quick Views and put a check mark (click) All Sent Items. Now it's listed under the Quick Views heading.
Then I realized I couldn't find my sent mail because I had Conversations turned on. If you turn off Conversations (also under View) then you go back to the old listing of Inbox and Sent Items."

bmelloh
NewLounger

Post by bmelloh »

Thanks. I also found that and was able to get her "sent" folder listed under Quick Views. Just wondering where the original one is that really should be listed under her email account? I still haven't been able to find a "deleted items" folder, which should also be listed under her email account. Thanks again!

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Post by MalcolmWalker »

bmelloh wrote:Thanks. I also found that and was able to get her "sent" folder listed under Quick Views. Just wondering where the original one is that really should be listed under her email account? I still haven't been able to find a "deleted items" folder, which should also be listed under her email account. Thanks again!
I'll be using a third party computer to track down a WLM issue tomorrow afternoon. If I can identify the configuration procedures I will advise you accordingly.
Last edited by MalcolmWalker on 02 Jun 2015, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

bmelloh
NewLounger

Post by bmelloh »

Thank you!

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Post by MalcolmWalker »

To double check I have installed Windows Live Mail and found that having created a valid email account by default the following five folders are present: Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Junk email and Deleted items. No addtional action was required.
So I am sorry to have to tell you I have nothing further to add as to why some of these folders are not being displayed in your friend's copy of WLM.

BTW - Welcome to the Lounge!

bmelloh
NewLounger

Post by bmelloh »

Thanks for taking the time to do that Malcolm. I'll tell her.