How to remove single contacts using Windows Live Mail 2012?

Gloria E
5StarLounger

How to remove single contacts using Windows Live Mail 2012?

Post by Gloria E »

I have numerous addresses that are incorrect or duplicates and ones from FaceBook that I want to either correct or remove. How is it possible to do this?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: How to remove single contacts using Windows Live Mail 20

Post by HansV »

You should be able to right-click a contact and select Delete Contact from the context menu.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

I tried that but it didn't work. Do you have another suggestion?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

What happened? Didn't you get a "Delete Contact" item in the context menu? Or did you have it, but it was disabled? Or it was enabled but clicking caused an error? Or clicking didn't do anything?
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:What happened? Didn't you get a "Delete Contact" item in the context menu? Or did you have it, but it was disabled? Or it was enabled but clicking caused an error? Or clicking didn't do anything?
I've never seen a delete contact option as long as I've used WLM 2012. Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall to see if it appears?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm still using WLM 2011; this is what I see when I right-click a contact:
x1323.png
And there is a Delete button in the ribbon:
x1324.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans