Incorrect Email Address Showing Up in the To Field

omega0401
StarLounger

Incorrect Email Address Showing Up in the To Field

Post by omega0401 »

I have Outlook 2003 with our company address book. Each time I type a person's name in the To field of an e-mail, I get her personal e-mail address not her work address from the company address book. I do not have her in my personal contact folder. Where is it getting the personal e-mail address from so I can fix it?

I tried saving her name from the company address book to my personal contact folder but I still get her personal e-mail address.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Incorrect Email Address Showing Up in the To Field

Post by StuartR »

How to reset the nickname and the automatic completion caches in Outlook describes how to solve this.
Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2003
  1. Open a new email message.
  2. Type the first few characters of the nickname cache entry that you want to remove from the cache.
  3. When the entry appears in the "suggested names" list, use the UP and DOWN arrow keys on your keyboard to select the entry, and then press DELETE on your keyboard.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The old e-mail address is probably stored in your 'nickname' list. When the old address pops up, press the Delete key to remove it.

Oops - walked away from my PC for a few minutes...
Best wishes,
Hans

omega0401
StarLounger

Post by omega0401 »

I didn't know you could press delete from that list but it worked. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from or how to get rid of it. Thanks!

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

Having just sent an email to the wrong address because of the nickname cache, I thought I'd post a query here about how to clear it. Opening the Outlook forum, there was this thread, only 7 from the top with the answer ready and waiting.
So thanks to Omega0401 for posting the original query and Stuart for the answer.

My neighbour is also very grateful as she's had the same problem. What a resource Eileen's lounge is!

Many thanks
Silverback