Outlook 2010: Gmail Inbox

jstevens
GoldLounger

Outlook 2010: Gmail Inbox

Post by jstevens »

I'm using Outlook 2010 and it is configured to use Gmail Imap.

When I receive e-mail messages to the Gmail account, all messages received are going to the "All Mail" folder. I do not see them showing up in the Inbox folder.

Is there an Outlook setting I may have overlooked?

Thanks you,
John
Regards,
John

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Outlook 2010: Gmail Inbox

Post by Rudi »

I found a comment by someone replying to a similar issue who said the remedied the issue by doing the following:
-- I fixed this problem by going to my Gmail Settings > Labels and unchecking the "Show in IMAP" checkbox next to "All Mail."
S11.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Further searching reveals more advice.

See this link: My messages skip the inbox

And this indepth reply to a similar issue in another forum:
Mail can only skip the Gmail inbox in these circumstances:

1. You have a "Skip Inbox"filter set which is catching more mail than it should - look for unsupported "wildcards" like "*" and "@" and any "before:" dates, which can cause hiccups
2. You are forwarding mail from this account to another account, and have set Forwarding up to archive GMail's copy.
3. Another account is fetching mail from this one, and you have set POP up to archive GMail's copy.
4. You are fetching mail from another account via POP3 and have set Mailfetcher to archive the incoming mail from that source.
5. You use a "unified Inbox" in one of your other access clients/devices, which removes messages from the GMail Inbox and sends them to All Mail or Trash depending on how the client/device is configured.
6. You access GMail from an IMAP client/phone/tablet and are archiving your mail from that client/device - which then syncs straight back to GMail and wipes out the same messages from GMail
7. You have enabled the Smart Labels lab, and chosen the archive option

So first check All Mail and Trash - if you see your recent mail there, then check out 1-4 above. Check (1) using Settings/Filters, (2) and (3) using Settings/Forwarding & POP/IMAP and (4) in Settings/Accounts & Import/Check Mail from other Accounts. For (5) check the client or device. For (6) stop deleting your mail from anywhere, and it will probably stay in your GMail account where it belongs. For (7) look in Settings/Labs
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

jstevens
GoldLounger

Post by jstevens »

Thanks Rudi!

John
Regards,
John