Take action on emails that have no reply

Rudi
gamma jay

Take action on emails that have no reply

Post by Rudi »

I am aware of various add-ins that send follow ups to messages that have no reply's, but instead of purchasing a generally "over the top" add-in, is there a way to manage this by using Outlook's conditional formatting or rules. All I am after is a very basic flagging system that warns me (colour the email, or move email rule) after a few days to follow up on emails I sent out that have no reply.

I considered flagging emails to remind me to follow up, but essentially the flag must only remind me for those emails with no reply...not ALL emails.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
TX
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Take action on emails that have no reply

Post by HansV »

I don't think there's an easy way to do this in the Outlook interface (or even with Outlook VBA), you'll probably need a COM add-in.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

TX.
I will relay this to the requester.
They have been looking into Add-Ins, but I thought I'd just bounce this off someone here in the lounge to confirm if anything could be done with features inside Outlook.

Cheers
Regards,
Rudi

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I just right click the sent email and set a follow up reminder for the appropriate date (which is not the same time delay for all emails). I then use the "For Follow Up" search folder to manage these, clearing flags on items that have had replies and sending out reminders for others.
StuartR

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Yep, that is advice I gave the initial requester too. I use flag reminders all the time in Outlook and its the first piece of advice I gave the person before I posted here. Cheers Stuart. Sound advice indeed.
Regards,
Rudi