Synchronizing Outlook 2010 with an iPhone 4

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Does anyone know how to synchronize Outlook 2010 with an iPhone 4? Unfortunately, the Google results (https://www.google.com/search?q=Synchro ... gws_rd=ssl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) seem to only list technical difficulties that users have had rather than provide a clear set of steps. I did happen to find instructions at https://www.udemy.com/blog/sync-outlook ... th-iphone/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but I cannot get past the first step (“Make sure the iTunes plugin is enabled in Outlook”) because I cannot find the iTunes plugin for Outlook anywhere! I would be grateful for easy-to-follow instructions from anyone with knowledge / experience.
Regards,

JMT

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Synchronizing Outlook 2010 with an iPhone 4

Post by Rudi »

You actually sync with the Exchange Server instead of with Outlook. (Ensure that you have set up an Exchange Acc, or if not Exchange, a Web Account if you use Outlook with Gmail for example.)
If you navigate on your phone to Settings>Mail, Contacts and Calendars>Exchange, then make sure that Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Reminders are switched on.
Go one up to exit the screen and in the Mail, Contacts and Calendars section, ensure that Fetch New Data is active and set to Hourly, or 30 min, etc...
The syncing is then automatically handled over the air with WiFi.

If you use iTunes, and depending on settings, syncing will also occur if you plug your phone into iTunes. My device syncs over the air, but I activated the sync checkbox just to show that Outlook is present and available to sync with via iTunes. (See image)

BTW: There is no need to install a plug-in (AFAIK). iTunes automatically has a reference to Outlook.
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

jmt356
SilverLounger

Re: Synchronizing Outlook 2010 with an iPhone 4

Post by jmt356 »

Thank you. I do not use an exchange server with my email (Gmail), but I found the sync settings under the Info tab that you pointed out.
Regards,

JMT