font size in Microsoft Outlook

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

font size in Microsoft Outlook

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi....is it possible to increase the font size of the text in M.O. as it appears to be only #10 and taxes my eyes to the limit, even with new specs. Thanks Davre.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: font size in Microsoft Outlook

Post by Rudi »

Dave Davison wrote:Hi....is it possible to increase the font size of the text in M.O. as it appears to be only #10 and taxes my eyes to the limit, even with new specs. Thanks Davre.
Hi Dave,

See these links:
http://www.biz.colostate.edu/mti/tips/p ... ading.aspx

http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft- ... look-2010/
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Many thanks Rudi....looked at both those links but neither resemble my Home email page, one starts by directing one to start with the "View" tab whilst the other says the "File" tab. SORRY for being a pain but that seems to leave me up the creek without a paddle; Back to you I'm afraid. :scratch: :scratch: Dave/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Dave, as far as I know, you're using Outlook 2007, while Rudi's links point to instructions for Outlook 2010.

For the font size of the message list, see Change the font or font size of the message list.

You can use Ctrl+scroll wheel to change the zoom percentage of the reading pane (where email messages are previewed): see Make previewed items larger or smaller in the Reading Pane.

The font size of the navigation pane on the left hand side cannot be changed in Outlook 2007; you'd have to change the Windows Appearance settings in Windows.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi Dave,

Sorry, I did not realise you were still on the Menu Version...
Also, it looks like your menu bar is disabled. See if you can activate it by right clicking on one of the toolbars and selecting Menu Bar from the list that appears. You can also bring up the view by going to view or Alt-V, toolbars then customize and make sure your menu bar is selected.

Once you have the menu bar, this comprehensive page should provide all the necessary details, focusing on the version for Outlook 2003/7. Note: you can ignore the start of the info and skip to Mail Item List and down...

OK...I see Hans has also added some links. Between these, it should provide the details you need. :smile:
Regards,
Rudi

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

.........well, I've managed to increase the font size as desterately required but - despite there already being a tick in the Menu bar box - it fails to appear. I did a search on Google for some info on the issue and found an answer that suggests a "Forced reset of the toolbars BUT wonder if it is worth the hassle now that I have managed to increase the font size which was my main objective! I did note that (in the customize pane) whilst the Standard & Advanced options can be ticked and unticked, that for the Menu Bar does does not; is this normal ? :thankyou: Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Dave, try the following:
- Quit Outlook if it is active.
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Click Organize > Folder and Search Options...
- Activate the View tab.
- Under 'Hidden files and folders', select the option 'Show hidden files, folders and drives'.
- Clear the check box 'Hide extensions for known file types'.
- Click OK.
S0063.png
- Navigate to the folder C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook (where <yourusername> is your Windows login name).
- Locate the file OutCmd.dat
- Rename it to OutCmd.old
- Start Outlook.
- Do you have the menu bar back?
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

If the missing menu does not bother you, then don't hassle with it. It is probably in a hidden mode or customised somehow.
If you do want it back:
Close the Outlook
Copy this command: %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook
Open Windows Explorer, and paste it into the address bar
Press Enter
Locate and rename the Outcmd.dat file as Outcmd.old
Restart Outlook
This should reset and resolve the menu bar.
Regards,
Rudi

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Don't know if I may ever need the menu bar for something in the future but - as it should be visible by default - why not give your instructions a go so that I have done seeing they were clear and simple and it worked first time so (as we say here in the north of the UK) "I'm cooking with gas", [Don't know where the saying originated but it simple implies] something likewhat NASA would say to guys strapped into a space ship..... "all systems are go". Great stuff guys.... :cheers: :clapping: :thankyou: Dave.