Add cc to meeting

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Add cc to meeting

Post by agibsonsw »

Outlook 2013.
When arranging a meeting I cannot see any option to add Cc: - is this not available?

This would be very useful to let some people know that the meeting is taking place.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Add cc to meeting

Post by Rudi »

I had this documented on my PC:

How to Cc or Bcc a Meeting Request
==================================
In Microsoft Outlook, making someone an ‘Optional’ attendee is the same as Cc’ing that person. Making someone an ‘Resource’ attendee is the same as Bcc’ing that person.

To CC (or BCC) someone to a meeting
===================================
To CC someone to a meeting, you can use one of three methods to place the address in the Optional attendee field.
(To BCC, use the Resources field and see the Notes, below.)

1. Select the Attendee Availability tab (Outlook 98/2000), Scheduling tab (Outlook 2002/2003), or Scheduling Assistant (Outlook 2007/2010). Click in the Attendance column, and change the attendance for the person to Optional Attendee. Choose Resource if you want the person BCC’d.
2. On the Scheduling Assistant page, click the Add Attendees button to open the address book dialog and select invitees.
3. You can also click the To button on the Appointment page to open the address book dialog and put the person in the Optional (or Resource) list.

Forward as an iCal
================
Another method for BCC'ing invitees is to forward the meeting as an iCal. Add the attendees to the message BCC field. When the invitees accept or decline the invitation, the organizer will receive the response.

Notes
=====
The Sender will see the Resource names in the To field of the meeting request, but when they click the To button, the addresses added as Resources will be in the Resources field.
Resources will be listed in the Location field – the sender will need to delete the BCC’d names from the Location field. If the Location field is empty, type in a location, otherwise Outlook will add the Resources back to the Location field.
If someone is CC’d, their name or address would be in the Optional field.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Re: Add cc to meeting

Post by agibsonsw »

Thank you @Rudi.

Yes, I supposed that Optional would be the nearest equivalent ;)
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.